About Me

Friday, September 1, 2017

7.

I saw your picture last night, on Facebook.

I hated it. I hated the surge of memories that came lashing afterwards. 

We had a blast, 7 years ago. You were my safety net. My mausoleum of peace. Everything that we talked about, our shares of laughs, your willingness of hearing me every time I was feeling dejected.

I was a train-wreck, that time. And still are.

Thinking about that time, you were the only person I can trusted, wholeheartedly. 

And you were so good at keeping the boundaries between us, not letting me or you passing through that thin line of emotion.

We were never a pair. Never a lover to each other. But truest of friends nonetheless. 

The purest friendship I ever felt.

How you kept pulling me back from the abyss of depression I put myself into. How you consoled my suicidal thoughts each and every night. Asking about my rough and wrong and splendidly helped me thrive. 

And you did all of that without a slightest strings of pity.

You never pitied me. And I was eternally grateful.

But we drifted apart. I'm honestly sorry.

I let my thoughts reigned me over a couple of years, and I pushed everybody away. I'm sorry you were caught in that.

And when I saw your picture last night, I broke. I'm happy. I was devastated. I don't know. Even I don't know about myself.

You are happy now. You got married. What a lovely daughter you have, she looks just like you.

I'm thoroughly happy seeing you happy. Back then I thought I was incapable of feeling such thing.

But you are the one who taught me to, and you never realized.

You meant a world to me.

Even we never talked anymore, I just want you to know that I'm okay.

I have someone by my side now. She's my go-to place now. She helps me just like you did. She stays with me through thick and thin. 

The only different was I love her, and she loves me too.

I'm strong because of your guidance. And I'm stronger now with her love.

So this is me letting you go.

Thank you for being a part of me.

I will always miss you. 


2 comments:

  1. are you not going to write more? really looking forward for your next entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy fam? Still alive and kicking?

    ReplyDelete